Elections & Voting
November 3, 2020
Last Day to Register: October 5, 2020
Advanced Voting: Elections Office - 2808 N. Oak St., Valdosta
|October 12-16, 2020||7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Mon - Fri|
|October 17-18, 2020||7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sat & Sun|
|October 19-23, 2020||7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Mon - Fri|
|October 24-25, 2020||7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sat & Sun|
|October 26-30, 2020||7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Mon - Fri|
Last Day to Vote: At your assigned precinct
|November 3, 2020||7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Tues.|
Voting by Mail
Any registered Georgia voter may apply for a ballot to be mailed to them.
To apply online: https://ballotrequest.sos.ga.gov
or email request to Elections@lowndescounty.com
Contact our office at 229-671-2850
The office’s responsibilities include:
- Assisting elected officials and candidates in completing state ethics forms and maintaining them for public inspection
- Conducting elections for federal, state, and local offices
- Federal, state, and local redistricting
- Maintaining U.S. Justice Department compliance and implementing federal and state legislation, Supreme Court Decisions, and Attorney General Opinions
- Other functions include voter registration, voter education, and service to the community where we work and live
The diverse office staff consists of 5 full-time persons and a varying number of part-time staff to meet fluctuating work demands and polling place staffing.
For additional voter information including an online voting registration form, visit the My Voter Page.
Use the MVP Log In to check your:
- Voter registration status
- Mail-in application and ballot status
- Poll location
- Early voting locations
- Elected Officials
- Registration information on file with the county office
- Sample ballot for the upcoming election
- Provisional ballot status
Citizens wishing to vote by mail may request an absentee ballot by phone, email, fax or in person. If you have any further questions please call 229-671-2850.
The Lowndes County Voter Registration and Elections’ Provisional Verification number is 229-671-2850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.