Elections & Voting
The office's responsibilities include:
- Assisting elected officials and candidates in completing state ethics forms and maintaining them for public inspection
- Conducting elections for federal, state, and local offices
- Federal, state, and local redistricting
- Maintaining U.S. Justice Department compliance and implementing federal and state legislation, Supreme Court Decisions, and Attorney General Opinions
- Other functions include voter registration, voter education, and service to the community where we work and live
The diverse office staff consists of 5 full-time persons and a varying number of part-time staff to meet fluctuating work demands and polling place staffing.
For additional voter information including an online voting registration form, visit the Georgia
Secretary of State. Citizens wishing to vote by mail may request an absentee ballot by phone, email, fax or in person. If you have any further questions please call 229-671-2850.
The Secretary of State's Office has established a secure website and free-access telephone number for provisional ballot voters to access to determine whether their provisional ballots were counted and if not, the reason why.
The toll free access number is: 1-844-537-5375
The Lowndes County Voter Registration and Elections' Provisional Verification number is 229-671-2850 or email@example.com.