Tax Commissioner, Rodney Cain is excited to announce that the Lowndes County Tax Commission has implemented a motor vehicle tag renewal kiosk at our Publix at Perimeter Park. Please click here for more information.
The duties and responsibilities of this office are many and varied, but our main function is to serve you, the citizens of our community. If you have questions regarding local and state regulations for collection of taxes derived from motor vehicles, property, mobile homes, timber, or heavy duty please feel free to contact this office.
To better serve you, a drive thru facility at the rear of the parking lot is available for tag renewals, mobile home decal renewals, and property tax payments. Drive thru hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
To update taxing information taxpayers can file a return with the Board of Assessors. A return can also be filed to appeal disputed current values. In Lowndes County the time to file a return is January 1 through April 1.
Please click here to access the Tax Commissioner's website.
- What is property taxation?
- What property is taxed?
- Who decides how much my property is worth for tax purposes?
- What if I disagree with the Tax Assessors' value?
- What is the difference between fair market value and assessed value?
- What is a millage rate?
- How is my tax bill calculated?
- What is the HTRC credit on my tax bill?